Get the Language Skills for a Professional Career in Healthcare
16 Week* Hands-On Medical Terminology Training Course
The healthcare and medical professions have their own vocabulary, a specialized language that allows for quick and efficient communication between its members while minimizing potential misunderstandings.
Whether you are new to the medical profession or need a refresher class, we have a medical terminology course that will give you the boost you are looking for to further your career!
In this 16-week* Medical Terminology course, we will cover the medical language and terminology used by healthcare professionals everywhere.
If you’re interested in pursuing a healthcare career and need the ability to communicate with medical professionals, you will find this course a perfect fit by providing you with a solid foundation in medical language.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the importance of medical terminology and the proper use of medical language for interacting with professionals and performing medical tasks
- Analyze basic medical root words, prefixes, suffixes and their meanings
- Pronounce medical terms correctly
- Identify common medical disorders and their associated symptoms for each body system
- Interpret medical treatments and common abbreviations and acronyms
- Define common terms related to diseases
- Define common pharmacological terms
- Recite common laboratory and diagnostic terms
- Achieve 70% or higher on course assignments and chapter tests
- Score 75% or higher on the final exam
All activities and exams throughout the course are open book, meaning the student can use the resources and curriculum to aid them in the testing environment.
Chapter 2 – Structures of the Body, Movement & Color
Chapter 3 – Integumentary System
Chapter 4 – Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 5 – Cardiovascular System
Chapter 6 – Hematology, Lymphatic and Immune System, and Oncology
Chapter 7 – Respiratory System
Chapter 8 – Nervous System & Behavioral Health
Chapter 9 – Endocrine System
Chapter 10 – Special Senses
Chapter 11 – Digestive System
Chapter 12 – Genitourinary System
Chapter 13 – Reproductive System
Chapter 14 – Obstetrics & Neonatology
Chapter 15 – Pediatrics
Chapter 16 – Pharmacology
Chapter 17 – Diagnostic Data
The cost of the Online Medical Terminology Course is only $550.00. We accept Visa, MasterCard, certified cheques and money orders.
Is Medical Terminology Training for a Healthcare Career Right for You?
Get More Information…
If you’re interested in learning more about Medical Terminology and a career in Healthcare, and exploring whether online distance education is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful CanScribe Career College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions and can help with everything from career paths to financial aid.
*Program length when completed in normal time