Who is the HDS Refresher Course For?
This course is particularly for those who have:
- previously completed a course but have limited work exposure in the industry
- been out of the work force for an extended period of time
- had limited or no exposure to acute care and/or speech recognition technology
Why Take the HDS Course
CanScribe graduates are preferred among HDS employers. One employer in particular states that over 70% of their work force are CanScribe graduates, and they need more! Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Graduation and will become one of the sought after CanScribe alumni.
CanScribe’s HDS Refresher Course is PTIB Designated
Over 51,000 students enroll in private training institutions in B.C. each year. Students are trained for a broad range of occupations from sound and audio technicians to licensed practical nurses to commercial pilots.
The sector is regulated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB), which is responsible for:
- Ensuring institutions meet the requirements and standards for certification
- Maintaining a Private Training Institution Directory of all certified institutions and the programs they provide, along with formerly certified institutions
- Providing student protection and overseeing the Student Tuition Protection Fund
The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education administers the Private Training Act and associated regulations.
- Grade 12 diploma or mature student (19 at start of course)
- Copy of diploma if under 19
- Graduation from an MT/HDS program, or previous HDS experience
- Ability to type 40 NWPM
- Ability to pass basic grammar test – 85%
- Take the Distance Learning Assessment
- PC with internet access
Healthcare Documentation Refresher Curriculum
|Grammar & Style||9|
|Medical Report Formatting||10|
|The Body as a Whole||10|
|Lymphatic, Immune and Allergy||9|
|Phrase Express Launch||1|
|Cardiovascular System A||13|
|Cardiovascular System B||13|
|Surgical Documentation A||15|
|Surgical Documentation B||15|
|Career Development A||4|
|Career Development B||4|
|Electronic Health Records||4|
Healthcare Documentation Refresher Course Fees
All applicants must be qualified to sit for the Healthcare Documentation Refresher course pre-entrance exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, students may choose from the various payment options below and begin working towards your MT/HDS Graduation Certificate.
|Pre Entrance Exam:||$250.00|
Note: you will receive a $250 credit towards the HDS Refresher course upon successful completion of the entry exam. If you are unsuccessful in the entry exam you will receive a $250 credit upon enrolling in the regular HDS course.
Healthcare Documentation Refresher Payment Plans
|Three Month Payment Plan||$2850.00|
|$250 for the exam, $1500 down and then 2 payments of $550(includes a $100 processing fee) for a total of $2850.00|