What does an Administrative Assistant do?
The average day for Administrative Assistant is typically fairly stable, as repetitive tasks are quite common in this position. However, Administrative Assistants are also able to broaden their job description and find other tasks to help support their company’s business objectives. Because of their broad skill set, Administrative Assistants are always in demand across a variety of industries.
Some tasks an Administrative Assistants may be responsible for include:
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing systems
- Fielding telephone calls and emails
- Creating presentations, spreadsheets, and press releases
- Performing research for management and clients
- Managing social media platforms
- Data entry and transcribing
- Preparing financial reports
- Bookkeeping and payroll
- Scheduling appointments
How much can an Administrative Assistant earn?
On average, Administrative Assistants earn a median salary of $39,000, typically ranging from $28k – $52k.