Quality training will be the key to your success as a Medical Transcription/Healthcare Documentation Specialist and CanScribe graduates are highly sought after by employers throughout the industry. CanScribe’s MT/HDS course is one of the few that is approved by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity. Our course includes focused training in keyboarding, grammar and punctuation, medical terminology, medical specialties, editing and proofreading and speech recognition. More importantly, our course will provide you with extensive “hands-on” practice to give you the experience you need to help you get hired. Authentic doctor dictations and real-world technology practice ensures our graduates are work ready upon graduation. Students have 12 months to complete the course (extensions may be available) and you can study in the privacy of your own home or learn on campus.
All of our students receive licenses for the electronic Book of Style (eBOS) from AHDI, Stedman’s online reference materials through Lippincott Williams & Wilkins and word expander software from SpeedType. Students also receive an Infinity foot pedal and a VEC Wishbone headset.
CanScribe students also participate in a Practicum as part of their course where they experience the ‘real world’ of Medical Transcription/Healthcare Documentation while being mentored by a Quality Assurance Editor. Students have the opportunity to secure their own onsite Practicum with local healthcare facilities or will be placed with one of CanScribe’s internal or external based Practicums. Students create and submit a resume, experience the interview process, provide a signed Confidentiality Agreement, learn account guidelines and work on industry technology to complete their Practicum. The Practicum component is unique only to CanScribe and has helped develop the best trained MT’s available. CanScribe also provides unlimited job placement assistance to all graduates – forever!
Included in the CanScribe Medical Transcription/Healthcare Documentation Program:
- Access to all CanScribe staff via email, Live Support and toll free phone numbers
- Training on current and relevant industry approved curriculum
- Course hosted on D2L, a state-of-the-art Learning Management System
- Unique grade book that records all tests, transcription/SR reports and exams
- Automated text comparison of transcription reports, showing any differences in contrasting colors for easy assessment
- All reference materials supplied at no extra cost
- Access to staff, students and graduates via chat rooms and forums
- Scheduled chats with CanScribe staff and guest speakers
- Regular follow-ups to ensure your learning outcomes
- All exams are instructor graded
- Unlimited job placement assistance
- Contacts with employers based throughout North America and Australia
- Flexible payment plans
- Tuition receipt for income tax purposes
- Third party funding and student loans may be available
Please see our Course Curriculum for a detailed outline of program’s courses.