MT/HDS Instructor – On Call/Casual
CanScribe Career College – Kelowna, BC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Answer all queries and keep a record of all communication with students.
- Follow up with students as they proceed through the course and give the appropriate feedback and assistance with course questions.
- Record keeping for the progress and evaluation of each student.
- Record keeping of each student’s time spent transcribing reports.
- Quality Assurance Editing for all reports submitted by students through our Practicum Program (if applicable).
- Attend weekly Chat sessions, communicate with attendees and respond to student questions.
- Moderate Forums on a daily basis.
- Course content review and development based on student feedback and instructional department review.
- Provide unlimited job placement assistance to all CanScribe graduates.
- Integrate the elements of the CanScribe vision and mission statement in all strategies and activities.
- Provide active leadership and maintain an effective working relationship with all staff.
- Take an active role in creating an enjoyable working environment.
- Demonstrate consistency in meeting deadlines and being motivated to complete tasks as the team takes them on each week.
- Take pride in excellence and demonstrating a commitment to service delivery.
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to changing circumstances as new needs and priorities are identified.
- Understand, commit and participate fully in managing service beyond our customer’s expectations and to CanScribe’s standards.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and imagination while seeking new opportunities to expand CanScribe’s services.
- Others to be determined and identified by the Director of Education as well as through future discussions with the same.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Instructors must hold the appropriate credentials as required in their career field. They must start the “Train the Trainer” program through NACC within their first year of employment.
The instructor must possess a CMT or CHDS credential.
Education and/or Experience
- All CanScribe Instructors are hired with the requirement that they have industry-specific education and work experience. A teaching foundation is a definite asset.
- CanScribe instructors must have a degree /diploma/ certificate related to the field of study supplemented by 24 months of full-time occupational experience in the field of study or 10 years of demonstrated experience in the field of study.
- All MT Instructors must have 12 months experience using online distance education delivery either as an MT Student or an MT Instructor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com